Home » Cover Story » Coup against Buhari? DHQ says military not part of it
Cover Story

Coup against Buhari? DHQ says military not part of it

Coup against Buhari? DHQ says military not part of it - the statement said, the armed forces, the armed, dhq, defence, Buhari, armed forces

The Headquarters () on Tuesday dissociated Forces of Nigeria (AFN) from a document calling for the overthrow of the Muhammadu Buhari democratically-elected administration.

Navy Capt. Muhammed Wabi, Deputy Director of Information accused a group, “Nigerian Continuity and Progress (NCP)’’ as being behind the document.

Wabi alleged that the document called for the setting up of an “interim government’’ in place of the elected government.

Forces of Nigeria (AFN) wishes to dissociate itself from the rascality and intentions as espoused in a document being circulated by a faceless group named Nigerian Continuity and Progress (NCP) calling for support of a revolution to oust the current democratically elected government and in its place establish an illegitimate interim government.

“The AFN outrightly condemns the undemocratic and demonic actions of the author of the document.

“Accordingly, members of the public are enjoined to discountenance the content of the documents being circulated by NCP and equally condemned in totality, the call to derail our hard earned democracy,’’ .

READ ALSO  Abomination: Son slaughters father, sets corpse on fire

Wabi said that the AFN was “very mindful of its constitutional responsibilities’’ and would not be misled into any act that would undermine democracy as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution as amended.

“The AFN remains unflinchingly loyal to the Constitution, as well as President Muhammadu Buhari and Commander-in-Chief of of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

all relevant law enforcement agencies had been advised to unravel those behind the seditious document for appropriate actions.

 President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday presided over the meeting of the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The  meeting was being attended by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha and the Head of Service, Mrs Wilfred Ita-Oyo.

Others at the council meeting included the Chief of Staff to the President, Malam Abba Kyari, National Security Adviser, retired Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno, cabinet ministers and some presidential aides.

READ ALSO  Cow colony is misunderstood - Buhari to bishops

NAN reliably gathered that the meeting may continue to Thursday so as to enable the cabinet members treat all the pending memos as the council would hold its valedictory session on May 22.

The Wednesday meeting had so far treated memos from the Ministry of Budget and National Planning; office of the Head of service and Ecological Fund Office as at the time of filing this report.

President Buhari had last Wednesday, May 8, presided over the longest meeting of the Federal Executive Council in the history of his administration.

The meeting, which was scheduled to deliberate on no fewer than 25 memos from Federal Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), lasted for about 11 hours.(NAN)

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Social Media Connect