The government said this in a statement by Governor Nasir El-Rufai’s spokesperson, Samuel Aruwan.
Aruwan said the curfew would be from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice.
The government directed security agencies to ensure strict enforcement of the curfew.
The government appealed to the residents in the affected areas to bear with it the inconveniences the curfew might have caused and urged them to cooperate with the security agencies on the directive.
Sabo said at about 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, some unknown armed men entered Barde Village under Maro in Kajuru Local Government Area and started shooting sporadically which resulted in the death of 16 persons.
He said on receipt of the information, the command mobilised teams of police operatives led by Kajuru Divisional Police Officer (DPO) alongside military personnel with a view to apprehend the perpetrators and restore normalcy to the area.
He added that the operation was ongoing and the situation had been brought under control.
”While investigation is in progress, the Commissioner of Police, Ahmad Abdurrahman, has vowed to uncover the masterminds of this dastardly act and bring them to justice,” he said.
He appealed for calm and extended his heartfelt condolences to the families of those who were affected by the recent carnage.(NAN)